Main Objects of the Association
- Promote Industrial Technology, Research & Development in the various fields for optimum utilization and to create environment to attract investment on national and international level.
- Encourage and assist people in Marathwada to take up & pursue industrial, agriculture and commercial occupations and to strive for the development of their entrepreneurial abilities.
- Arrange Seminars, Workshops, Training Programs, Conferences, Exhibitions and International Study Tours for the benefits of MSMEs.
- Make representations to Central and/or State Governments, Local, Public or Semi-Public authorities, Executives or Legislative on any matter directly or indirectly affecting trade, commerce and industry.
Significant Achievements of the Association
- ISO9001:2015 Certified organization.
- BMO Accreditation by QCI/NABET under Silver Grade.
- Formation of Lean Manufacturing Clusters: Successful implementation of 10 Lean Manufacturing Clusters under NPC and permitted to form additional 2 Lean Clusters. MASSIA is the first association who have implemented more than 10 Lean Clusters in the nation.
- Industry - Academia Project: Implemented jointly with MSME, Deutsche Gesellschaft fur Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) and CSMSS College of Engineering. 72 industrial projects were allotted to 6 engineering colleges, Chh. Shahu College of Engineering, Deogiri Institute of Engineering & Management Studies, International Centre of Excellence in Engineering & Management, Maharashtra Institute of Technology and Jawaharlal Nehru Engineering College. More than 200 students and faculty members worked on industrial projects for a period of 2 months in this project. Dr. Anil Kakodkar, Chairman, Rajiv Gandhi Science and Technology Commission appreciated the project and expressed that "MASSIA's pattern is a role model and need to implement throughout the country".
- 'Oxygen Rich MIDC' project successfully implemented and conducted tree plantation on open spaces in MIDC area at Waluj and Chikalthana. Plantation of 70000 trees and developed green belts making industrial area Clean, Green, Beautiful and oxygen rich.
- International Study Tour:
- EMO 2017, Germany conducted in September 2017; 60 members had participated and visited the event and Skoda Company.
- Metal Madrid 2018, Spain, conducted in Sept.-Oct. 2018; 41 members had participated and visited the exhibition.
- Canton 2019, China conducted in October 2019; 49 members had participated and visited the event.
- Developed association's Corporate Office at Chikalthana.
- Product Display Centre and Industrial Library at Waluj office with advanced facilities.
- MSME Innovation Facilitation Cell developed at Chikalthana Office.
- MASSIA - GIZ Skill Development Cell at Waluj Office.
- Advantage Maharashtra Expo 2017 held in January 2017; 300 Exhibitors, 75000+ visitors.
We all at Marathwada Association of Small Scale Industries & Agriculture (Massia) are committed to serve our Members in identified areas. We will make efforts to increase participation of members in Massia. We will strive to improve member's satisfaction.